Saturday 1 September 2012

Miller and Carter Steakhouse Cheshire Oaks

On Thursday (30th September), me and my family went to have an impromptu meal out. As Cheshire Oaks is very local to us, it doesn't take much to drive down there and have our pick of many delicious restaurants. I personally LOVE going out for meals and could go out every day, but I don't think my bank account could really handle it.

We decided on going to the Miller and Carter Steakhouse, primarily because my mother eats nothing but steak, and as it was my treat (more fool me...) there was no competition. We walked in the door and we all pleasantly surprised; it wasn't what I was expecting at least. Very spacious and filled with tables, but not too cramped. We were shown to a table (a booth, lucky us!) and offered drinks straight away. Obviously I ordered a large glass of the strongest rosé they had. 

The service was very good, our drinks arrived pretty much straight away and not soon after, a waitress came to take our order. Now, it being a steakhouse, I wasn't expecting much choice for me (a bit like at Hickory's) so I was pleasantly surprised when I was spoilt for choice! I ended up sharing calamari with my brother, along with an order of garlic bread for us all for a starter, and for the main I ordered the spring onion risotto. My mother ordered an 8oz sirlion steak with sides of chips and vegetables (which turned out to only be french beans), and my brother had a burger, as always! 

The calamari was very nice, it came with aioli, pretty standard. It wasn't chewy and there weren't tentacles (which I didn't mind because I don't like them). My main of spring onion risotto was quite loose, but I think there was a fair amount of cream in it. It was nice, a little too creamy for my taste, I don't usually like cream in risotto, so it was slightly too rich for me. It came with 2 small goats cheese fritters with complemented the onion in the risotto, the tang of the goats cheese was amazing! 

We finished the night off nicely with some cocktails, of course! Me and my brother both opted for long island iced teas. With it's 5 different alcohols, how can you possibly go wrong?

The price for the food was very reasonable, however drinks were little on the steep side. However, the night was worth it and you couldn't really ask much more!



No comments:

Post a Comment