Thursday 26 July 2012

Mini Spa Break and Aiden Byrne British Grill Review

Sorry I've not posted any recipes yet! I'm moving house currently so all of my stuff is packed up. Bear with me though, I'll be cooking loads in a short amount of time (:. For now, here's another review.


My friend and I decided we needed a couple of days away, so we managed to book a cheap spa break near where we live. It was pretty relaxing, I've never had a back massage before, but the ambiance was ruined slightly when I pointed out that the staff probably thought we were a lesbian couple. It was pretty hard to take anything seriously after that.


While we were there, both dinner and breakfast were included in the offer, so we got to dine in Aiden Byrne's British Grill at Craxton Wood Hotel in Ledsham. We'd booked the table for half 8, and by that time we were ravenous after a hard day of doing nothing. The menu is very limited, seeing as they didn't have ANY vegetarian main courses. Thankfully I eat fish as well or I'd have been stuck... so I ordered fish and chips while my friend had cottage pie.


The food arrived nearly an hour after it was ordered, and the restaurant wasn't busy at all! There was a huge group of people so maybe that contributed, but considering we were starving when we got to the restaurant, you can only imagine how hungry we were an hour later. We didn't notice too much because we were having a nice gossip so the time flew. The food itself was nice, as was expected. Nothing special though. Fish and chips is just fish and chips really. We both ordered dessert as well, I had the triple chocolate mousse, which was the BEST dessert I've ever had. My friend had the sticky toffee pudding and I think she regretted not getting the mousse too, it was actually amazing! And it didn't take an hour to get to us, which is always a bonus.


If staying at the hotel then the restaurant is worth going to, but I wouldn't make the journey there specifically.

No comments:

Post a Comment